As of Monday, I have officially been drinking Shakeology for a month… and what a month of benefits it has been! At first, I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical of how a shake could help me more than just providing protein and being something tasty to drink. I wasn’t sure these Shakeology shakes would actually make that big of an impact on my health and daily life. However, since they tasted so good and were a good snack replacement as I added them into my daily routine, I kept up with them. Within five days, I started to notice that I had slightly more energy and that has slowly increased with time. Then within three weeks, I started to notice that besides simply building muscle with my workouts, I was realizing that Shakeology was making a difference with muscle soreness the day after an intense workout.
By a week into drinking these shakes, I was a big believer! And here’s why:
- Shakeology has superfood ingredients- From protein to vitamins and minerals, and many other wonderful ingredients. Some of the others are antioxidants, pre- and probiotics, and digestive enzymes. All of these lovely ingredients are what makes it so beneficial to our health. These things pack a punch to give me the energy, full feeling, and reduce soreness in my muscles the day after an intense workout.
- It tastes great, especially with some awesome recipes- There are so many things you can do with Shakeology to create a delicious tasting shake, such as adding fruit, veggies, cinnamon, and many more delicious and healthy additions that combine to make it an even more delectable treat or meal!
- Shakeology helps reduce hunger and sweets cravings- I have noticed that these shakes help me feel less hungry, and help squash those sweet tooth cravings. Let me tell you, I have always had a huge sweet tooth. It’s not that I have wanted to sit and eat nothing but sugary foods, but I have always looked forward to having them and wanted them on a daily basis. The Shakeology shakes, especially the chocolate ones, have really helped me with my cravings. They are a treat, in and of themselves, yet healthy at the same time!
- They help with muscle soreness- Like I mentioned earlier, they really have been helping with my muscle soreness. I can do a more intense workout, such as TurboFire, and the next day, I don’t feel quite as sore… because I am getting stronger and have also been drinking these shakes! With the protein punch, and other valuable ingredients such as those listed above, help my muscles recover faster and I don’t have such a long period of extremely sore muscles!
- It has increased my energy levels- Shakeology gives me the energy boost I need to get through my days with less napping or resting. I used to need a daily nap. While I still need one some days, it’s more like half of the time rather than every day. If I drink my shake an hour before starting a workout, I have found that it also gives me an energy boost in my workout as well, and that is such an awesome feeling. I hadn’t done it on purpose the first time, but I was pleasantly surprised when I felt even stronger and more energized for the workout. So I have been working on timing my lunchtime shake for right before my workout!
- Shakeology is actually filling- I have to say that this one was the most surprising benefit of drinking the shakes that I have experienced so far! I wasn’t expecting it to be filling at all, as I had never experienced that with any other protein shake. However, Shakeology is not just any protein shake. It has so much more inside of it that makes it filling. Some of the things that help it be more filling are the flax, quinoa, super-fruits, and super-greens.
These are just a few of the most amazing things that I have experienced in just one month of drinking Shakeology. I can’t wait to see what continued results and benefits I see as I keep drinking it!
Have you tried Shakeology? If so, what is your favorite flavor? And if not, what keeps you from trying it?